Training this am in the cold but sunny, beautiful outdoors. Training full-body movements–with Kettlebells, Equalizer bars, and bodyweight.
In defining what I do, I would say that my interest is training the whole body, as much as possible, as a unit, for the purpose of health, aesthetics, and hate to use this overused word, but “functional” fitness.
Full-body training has a lot of advantages:
- 1. The movements are more natural, and therefore tend to be somewhat easier on the joints than isolated movements.
- 2. More efficient, quicker training.
- 3. Proportional development is simplified.
- 4. Fully body work brings in a cardio element, for those–like me–who hate long, boring cardio training.
- 5. The central nervous system gets a great workout.
- 6. Training outdoors (when possible) offers obvious benefits, such as sun and fresh air. It also tends to foster increased creativity in finding new, improved ways to train. Which brings me to #7…
- 7. FUN. Creativity is fun. Enough said.
- If this sounds piques your interest, go to
- or email us at
- for more information on our training packages.
- Let’s get out there and train!
- To your health and fitness,
- Patrick Rooney is the Owner of GREEK PHYSIQUE™, LLC, a Personal Training company located in Middle Tennessee, which specializes in body sculpting for men and women. Patrick is certified through the National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC). For more information, go to greekphysique.online/about. Contact Patrick at email@example.com.